Clueless Abroad: My Top 5 Favorite Foods in London

11:23 PM

Disclaimer: These are MY personal favorites, foods I personally enjoy and regularly eats that may not meet your tastebuds. There are still lots of food that I haven’t tried in London, but these are my current favorites.

Below are the places I take my friends and families to whenever they visit London or whenever people asked me the must visits restaurants on their visit. There are lots of restaurants that are on the cult list but these are my top 5 which are also pretty much on the cult list.

5. Salted Beef Bagel

Now this is a must for every trip you make to Brick Lane or Liverpool Street. Not only it is very cheap, it also opens 24 hours. By now you may understand that I like my food salty, and of course the name is pretty much self explanatory, it’s a salted beef wrapped in Bagel. You can also have it with their gerkins and mustard which to my suprise are very sharp almost like wasabi. The bagel are somewhat sweet but to me it kinda balances the flavour of the salted beef. The presentation is not as wonderful as it taste, but I am not joking when it comes to my top 5. You may think that the portion seem small but it is actually enough to make you very full, so I suggest show up with an empty stomach. There are no seating inside the shop and the lines are usually very long, but it moves pretty quickly. Oh, and while you’re at it check out Crosstown Donuts and Orange Buffalo in Brick Lane, it’s not on my top 5 but it’s still dood!

image.jpg
(Image from here)


Salted Beef Bagel £3.90

Beigel Bake 
159 Brick Ln, London E1 6SB, UK

4. Honest Burgers 

Before I heard about this burger, I was so drawn in to Burgers & Lobster, except for the fact that it costs four times more expensive than most burgers in London. But then, Star Wars’ Rey herself, Daisy Ridley endorsed this burger chain and I was also very drawn in to her at the time, and I did not regret a single trust I put on her. Their burgers was amazeballs! They have 3 choices of burger which are: Beef, Cheese, and Honest. I always order the Cheese burger with Red Leicester cheese, a choice which was grand enough but without the bacon. Along with that you’ll also get a generous amount of Rosemary Salted Chips which are also part of the main cast of this cuisine. Did I mentioned that the burger was in a generous amount of size? The first time I ate this, I was very sure I would never finish the whole burger, but it was just so good you had to eat every last bit of it! 

Honest-burger.jpg
(image from here)

Cheese Burger £9.75 

Rosemary Salted Chips - free with burgers 

Honest Burgers Soho 
4A Meard St, Soho, London W1F 0EF, UK 

Honest Burgers Kings Cross 
251-255 Pentonville Rd, Kings Cross, London N1 9NG, UK 

Honest Burgers Covent Garden 
33 Southampton St, London WC2E 7HE, UK
(and many more...)


3. Kappacasein Dairy 

Grilled Cheese or Cheese Toastie is another one on my cult food list, I take my grilled cheese very seriously, and there was a time in my life where I religiously try to master the perfect grilled cheese recipe. I just recently discover this chain back in May when I visit Borough Market for the first time, they sell mostly cheese, while selling Cheese Toastie and Raclette on the side, and I found out that their cheese toastie are actually very famous in London. If you’re a fan of grilled cheese you’ll be head over heels with this cheese toastie not only they serve a generous amount of cheese they also added green onions to the toast and you can watch all that process right in front of you. 

cheese-toastie.jpg
(image from here)
By now can you imagine the taste? 

enhanced-10377-1427198666-13.jpg
(image from here)
Is your mouth watery enough? 

Cheese Toastie £4 

Kappacasein Dairy (Borough Market) 
1 Stoney St, London SE1 9AA

2. Flat Iron 

I love steak, salty foods, and everything meat, and this restaurant ticked off everything on that list. They only have one menu, which is the Flat Iron steak, and you can choose the sides and sauces for that steak. My regular orders are the medium rare Flat Iron Steak, with Dripping Cooked Chips (French Fries if you speak American English) and Creamed Spinach that are seriously to die for, and I usually choose the Bearnaise sauce which if you want to imagine is that type of creamy buttery sauce. The steak are cut in slices and they are super chewy and salty, the way I like it. I usually devour them altogether, the steak, chips, and spinach, and enjoy them while they melt in mouth. 

Other than things you pay you will first get a popcorn when you arrived (for free!) and to devour while you wait for the food, and tap water of course! Other than that, the house leaf salad is something else, I’m not a fan of greens and vegetables but I still eat their salad (even though I didn’t finish it). 

Flat+Iron+Steak+London+Soho+Voyage+Collective+Billie+Norman.jpg

(image from here)


Flat Iron Steak £10 
Dripping Cooked Chips £3.5 

Creamed Spinach £3 

Bearnaise Sauce £1


Flat Iron Carnaby 
17 Beak St, Carnaby, London W1F 9RW, UK 

Flat Iron Soho 
60 Berwick St, Soho, London W1F 8SU, UK 

Flat Iron Covent Garden 
17-18 Henrietta St, London WC2E 8QH, UK 

Flat Iron Tottenham Court Road 
9 Denmark St, London WC2H 8LS, UK

1. La Creperie de Hampstead 

No matter how long you are staying in London, you have to make time for this creperie!!!!!! This has to be on your priority! This is absolutely on the cult list. These are no regular crepes, this creperie change people’s lives. They have many choices to offer from Savoury to Sweet, and almost everything they have is out of this world delicious. But my favorite order is the Garlic Cheese! It is supposed to be under the Mushroom category under Mushroom with Garlic Cheese but I didn’t enjoy the mushroom very much so I only asked for the Garlic Cheese. If you’re still not convinced, I got the whole London to convince you. Not only that they always have an awfully long queue. This creperie stand was closed in 2013 because of a conflict it had with the pub next to it, and a petition was made to reopen the creperie with over 3000 signatures. Convinced? Now put this in your London itinerary! 

2298745420_954d3b1fba_z.jpg
(image from here)

p1040113_2.jpg
(image from here)

(Mushroom with) Garlic Cheese £5.30

La Creperie de Hampstead 
77a Hampstead High St, Hampstead, London NW3 1RE, UK

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe