Top 5 Favorite Masks!

9:08 AM

Let’s be real. Who doesn’t love face masks? To me, mask time is therapeutic, it’s relaxing, makes me feel like Carrie Bradshaw relaxing in her flat for a good 20 minute. Also a quick mini spa you can do anytime of the day. A little back story: Face mask is the very first skincare product I encountered with and cling on to as a hope during my teen years, which is a mistake. You all feel me, you have that birthday party/prom/important occasion coming up the next day and you catch a glimpse of your dull, sad teenage skin in the mirror and immediately went for facial mask for safety, hope, and comfort. But frankly, my dear it’s nonexistent. Hate to break it to you, but miracles don’t happen overnight :-(

But let’s not be all negative nancy about it, like I mentioned earlier in my previous post. You just need to be loyal to your routine and it will all pay off! and so does with face masks. It helps you treat your skincare concerns when done right and the right face mask will help hydrate, pulls out impurities, and improve your skin texture.

Personally, I like to use face masks that helps ‘detox’ and cleanse my skin and pores. But on other days, I go for masks that repairs my skin texture and help with my impurities when needed. So, here’s a few of my favorites and go-to face masks!

5. LUSH Cupcake Mask

Image from here

I will start from the masks that I don’t use very often to those that has a special place in my heart. The first one is LUSH’s Cupcake Mask. Just because I mentioned this first doesn’t mean it’s not as good. This mask is my go-to whenever my skin is acting up and acne pops out all over the place. Which usually happens when I just got back to London from Jakarta and face a drastic weather and water change.

This mask works wonders for even the toughest acne. It claims that it works especially on young (teenage) faces dealing with acne. What I love about this mask is that compared to the other LUSH mask, Cosmetic Warrior, that are also specialized for acne. This mask is actually soothing and calming the skin from acting up and redness while clearing the acne, while Cosmetic Warrior kinda burns and adds the havoc to my already upset skin. The girl from the store suggested to use it every 3 days in order to combat my skin problems.

4. Mustika Ratu Bengkoang Root Mask

Image from here

The beach is my preferred destination for the holidays, so it’s not a rare thing to find my skin super burned between May and September, and this mask is my best friend when it comes to restoring my dull skin. Most of you may know, Bengkoang is one of the ingredients for Indonesia’s traditional skincare that were used by Indonesian Princesses (Putri Keraton & Kerajaan) back then, that are also known for its ability to brighten the skin and soothe the tensions in the skin that causes wrinkles, which makes princesses back then so beautiful. But I used this to brighten the skin of course tee hee (Duh I’m Asian?!).

3. Innisfree It’s Real Squeeze Mask in Tea Tree and Green Tea

Image from here

I first bought this because …of course trend. Korean Skincare trend to be exact (and also it is very cheap about £9.90 for 10pcs on Amazon!). Then I thought “Okay, this is a mask so I’ll use it once a week”. But after 9 usage, I figured I can’t find any effect on this mask like at all, I mean there was the after effect right after using the product, but that was it. Between those months, I also came across articles and videos that states that sheet masks are non-sense and useless, and I thought Ah.. perhaps that’s why, and I moved along.

BUT THEN, I found this article on HelloGiggles, as it turns out, I have been doing it all wrong. Korean girls used this mask EVERY single night. Even though it was recommended to use it a few times a week. So there I go, scraping my cupboard and using it 6 days in a row, and I kid you not I AM SHOOK. My skin became super slick and I was blessed with those Korean skin natural highlight (ya know what I’m sayin??), and to add those annoying little bump on my skin dissapear completely AFTER only 6 days. Since then, I dedicated 5 days every month for that routine in order to maintain my relationship with Korean skincare, and I am still very much addicted and in fact become number 3 on my list.

2. Antipodes Manuka Honey Mask

Image from here


This is also my go-to for acne and bad skin states, but this one is easier to use and LUSH face masks has very limited expiry (about 3 weeks) but they’re all natural and no preservatives! Another thing about this product that this is super hydrating which is perfect for my combination skin and the weather here. This mask is made from Manuka Honey which is anti bacterial and perfect for when I have few acnes here and there, but I use it quite often since it’s hydrating so it’s kind of therapeutic to me.

1. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask



Image from here

At last! It’s the most frequent mask I use!!! You may think this mask must be so special that it made it to the TOP 1. But no, actually this one is quite general. But that is why! I love a routine and this mask is the regular go-to pore cleansing mask, which I use once every week. I consider this mask a detox for my skin every week so that my skin is well maintained. I know, I know, there are other brands such as GlamGlow that does the same thing. But I find Glam Glow over drying while Origins is quite the ‘natural’ kind of brand which is good for your skin! and not very drying. It is also made from active charcoal which works like a magnet in clearing the insides of the pores. I’m quite obsessed with this since it is so easy to use and lasts quite a long time, I haven’t even finished my first tube!

So there’s my list, but of course it is solely based on my experience and opinion. Every skin is different and it needs different ways to treat it! But if you have the same case as mine, hope this inspires you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe